I think I’m awesome. So do I qualify?
Although being awesome is a great starting point, there are a number of things that will help get your application to the top of our future Air Canada Rouge Crew list. Some of them are mandatory; others, nice-to-have’s.
All Air Canada Rouge Crew members need to meet the following list of "be’s and "have’s":
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be proficient in English.
- Bilingual (English/French) candidates will be given priority consideration.
- Multiple languages in addition English: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Greek, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, German, Punjabi, Hindi, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean.
- Be a high school graduate.
- Be able to access the internet for last minute changes and communications.
- Be able to obtain Transport Canada's security clearance.
- Be able to meet medical standards.
- Be in good mental and physical health.
- Have a valid Canadian passport with no restrictions.
- Have no affiliation with other airlines while employed with us.
- Be willing to join the CUPE union.
- Be comfortable working at high altitudes in a pressurized cabin.
In addition to…
We’re super focused on providing the best customer experience possible, so having experience in the customer service industry will really catch our attention. You’re a hero at handling customer requests, a pro at taking care of questions, and a natural at ensuring a positive customer experience.
Imagine the joy of working for a fine Italian restaurant when you really love pasta. Now imagine working for an airline when you love to travel—that’s amore! We fly to destinations all over the world, so having an appetite for new places and being on the go is a must. Just as important is sharing your rich travel experiences and insider travel tips with our customers.
Some situations will go beyond what you experience in training. You’ll need to know how to adapt and respond to a customer when a problem arises, and use a little outside-the-box thinking.
At 30,000 feet, it’s important to work with your fellow Air Canada Rouge Crew members to ensure a safe and pleasant flight for everyone on board. In order to fit well with your fellow Air Canada Rouge Crew members, a willingness to work collaboratively is a must.